Members of the U.S. Uniformed Services and overseas voters are eligible to use a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to request a ballot by mail.
Please see Military and Overseas Voters for more information.
All registered voters of Lubbock County are eligible to request and receive a ballot by mail if any one of the following applies:
- 65 years of age or older on Election Day;
- Sick or disabled;
- Expecting to give birth within three weeks before or after Election Day;
- Absent from Lubbock County during the Early Voting period and on Election Day (The ballot must be mailed to an address outside the county.);
- Civilly committed under Chapter 841 of the Texas Health and Safety Code; or
- Confined in jail, but are otherwise eligible.
To vote by mail, you must first apply for a ballot by submitting an application. Applications are not sent out without a specific request from the voter.
We must receive your application no earlier than 60 days before election day, and no later than the close of business 11 days before election day. If the deadline falls on a weekend, the last day to submit an application is the preceding Friday.
Please see Election Dates for the upcoming election.
You may use the official application for Ballot by Mail:
You may send an informal application that includes:
- Your name
- The address at which you are registered to vote
- The address to which you want the ballot mailed
- The reason you are requesting a ballot: age 65 or older, sick or disabled, outside county, or jail
- Your party preference (in primary elections only)
- The Type and Date of the election you are applying for
- Your signature (we cannot process your application without your signature)
If the ballot is not to be mailed outside the County, and not to the address at which you are registered, you must give an explanation as to the address such as nursing home, assisted living/retirement center, relative or hospital.
You may request an application for Ballot by Mail by contacting us:
Lubbock County Elections Office
1308 Crickets Avenue
P.O. Box 10536
Lubbock, TX 79408
Return your completed and signed application to the above address.