- Active duty military, spouses and dependents (voting from outside Lubbock County) and Merchant Marine
- U.S. Citizens (nonmilitary) temporarily overseas away from Lubbock County
- U.S. Citizens (nonmilitary) permanently overseas away from Lubbock County
Note – Federal law defines “overseas” as anywhere outside the United States, including Canada and Mexico.
If you are not one of these voters, you need to use the regular vote by mail procedures.
Steps to securing your ballot:
Fill out and file your FPCA (Federal Postcard Application) – deadline to file your FPCA is one week before Election Day.
Two resources to obtain FPCA are:
This form registers you on the Lubbock County permanent voter rolls 30 days after we receive FPCA unless voter marks the box that you do not intend to return to U.S., and then you receive a federal ballot only.
The form entitles you to receive a ballot by mail and gives you temporary registration status for certain offices.
Deadline is usually the 7th day before Election Day. Please send as early as possible. FPCA must be renewed each year.
Mail the hard copy to: Early Voting Clerk, P.O. Box 10536, Lubbock, TX 79408
Common or contract carrier to: Early Voting Clerk, 1308 Crickets Avenue, Lubbock, TX 79401
Fax to Early Voting Clerk at 806.775.7980
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hard copy by regular mail if no other method is requested
- Email, if the election has federal offices on the ballot
- Pre-paid by voter common or contract carrier
You may track the status of your ballot using the FPCA Ballot Tracker on the Texas Secretary of State web site.
- Hard copy by regular mail, or common or contract courier
- Fax IF ballot is from a military voter/spouse/dependent in a hostile fire pay, imminent danger pay or combat zone: FWAB instructions from the Texas Secretary of State.
- Regular deadline: receipt by 7:00 p.m. Election Day
- Military/Overseas deadline: receipt by 5th day after Election Day